Ree's Diary

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.Then shall ye call upon Me, and ye shall go and pray unto Me and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek Me and find Me when ye shall search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29: 11-14

Monday, January 08, 2007

The Dance

Life with You can be so hard sometimes, like dancing without a song.
Not for what happens, but that I'm nervous to be dancing in Your arms
They are strong and hold me up, keep me from crashing to the ground
Lord, here You are so faithfully when no other arms are found.

This dance can be so overwhelming, and I'm afraid that I will fail
Make one mistake, one wrong move and the consequence will wail
In my ears, reminding me that I will never learn the steps.
It seemed years ago I knew just how to dance all by myself.

Why can't I seem to let go of who I was?
What holds me back? What's the key to letting go of the past?
She wasn't much without You, an angry woman dancing alone.
But still, it seemed she never questioned moving on her own.

God, hold my arms, hold me up, pull me, drag me if You must.
Just don't leave me here on the stage, to dance without Your love.
I need You more than I admit, when the song's drum is out of control
Without Your light, without Your love the dance will take away my soul.

Lord, one more time, one more turn, one more chance.
I'll get it right, I'll stay the course, and learn to dance
With two wrong feet, but one right heart, I know I can learn to let You lead
Follow You, Your gentle heart, just one more step, just one more beat.

Lord, dance with me, hold me close, don't let me miss another beat.
Lord, show me how to move with You, without stepping on Your feet.
You're all I have, You're all I want, God guide me across the floor
Be my Song, be my Dance, be the One I've waited for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home